Are you looking for Capricorn facts? Do you want to know facts about Capricorn woman or Capricorn man? Do you want to know what are Capricorns like, what are Capricorns traits? People born under this sign are natural climbers, just like the mountain goat who governs this sign. They are competitive and confident. Outwardly, they appear down-to-earth, quiet and even diminutive, but inside them resides a steely determination that is unwavering in its resolution to climb the social ladder.
Capricorns are people who are born between December 22nd and January 20th. But how much do you know about the Capricorn zodiac sign.
After reading these facts about Capricorns you will most likely learn a lot more than you previously knew.
1. This is the tenth sign of the zodiac. As it is the tenth sign of the zodiac, Capricorn is allied with the astrological tenth house. It is also one of the four Cardinal Signs.
2. Capricorn Animal: The Sea Goat
3. Capricorn Element is Earth
4. Capricorn Symbol is The Sea Goat
5. Capricorn’s Planet is Saturn
6. Capricorn Colors are Black, Grey and Earth tones
7. The Gemstone associated with Capricorn is Blue Sapphire
8. Capricorn House: 10th
9. Capricorn’s Flowers are Pansy and African Violet
10. Zodiac Part of the Body Ruled by Capricorns are The Knees
11. Capricorns Lucky Numbers are 2 and 8
12. Capricorns Lucky Day is Saturday
13. Capricorn Quality: Determined
14. Capricorn’s Duality: Feminine
15. Capricorn Polarity: Negative
16. The goat that symbolizes Capricorn is said to be the goat form taken by Amalthea who suckled the baby Zeus. Amalthea was given the responsibility to nurture Zeus by his mother Rhea so she could save him from her brother-consort Cronos who swallowed all his children after birth.
Capricorn Zodiac Sign Personality Traits Facts
17. Capricorns hate mingling in the crowd but can be seen attending parties and social do’s just to make the right connections that will help him get on in the world.
18. A Capricorn only seems impulsive, in truth all the goats plan their actions meticulously and seldom remove their eyes from the prize. They are always calculating and predicting the result of their actions. They do not believe in expending energy, but in conserving it. They are economical in action, movement, spending habits and even talk.
19. The Capricorn ideals are those people who have made their mark in the world and have shown new frontiers that can be conquered. Success is very important to them as they both respect and crave authority.
20. Capricorns like to uphold or follow traditions – it gives them a sense of security which is very important to them.
21. Capricorns will never be seen running in any race, but neither will they be seen sitting and resting for even a moment or two. They never rush, and even allow others to walk ahead of them, as they hate appearing rude or making unnecessary enemies. And yet, when the scores are tallied, the Capricorn comes out at the top, defying all logic.
Capricorn Zodiac Facts
Capricorns are consistent, truthful, serious and attentive.Their determined nature makes them able to do anything they wish. So, are you ready for a Capricorn in your life?
22. Reticent and distinguished Capricorn will not give favors casually, but when they are sure of their feelings they will live up to their reputation as a randy goat.
23. Traditional Capricorn, a feminine sign ruled by sober Saturn (but remember the exuberance of the exhilarating Mars) makes them careful and scheming in the beginning but energetic and insatiable when correctly roused.
24. The variance between the feminine basic power of the sign and the masculine energies of the planetary forces generate sufficient steam to operate a power station.
25. Capricorn may be a slow starter in a relationship but will be an explosive performer and will be an enduring and ongoing partner for life.
26. Capricorns will be averse to taking risk but will have a healthy craving for life and its pleasures.
27. Their materialistic trend in climbing the social hierarchy will sometimes disturb their relationships, but with the right partner you will bloom into a extraordinarily fine person and a satisfying sexual partner.
28. Capricorn will hide their susceptibility under a thin covering of career obsession and achievements, but passionate Mars will simmer just below the surface. When their camouflage is pierced the passion will flow.
29. When completely aroused Capricorn is voracious but can be jealous and possessive when challenged. Partners can be besieged by the force of their passion.
30. In marriage, they are faithful, trustworthy and steadfast, developing a strong home setting.
Facts About Capricorn Man
Capricorn men are quiet, but confident. They tend to blend into the crowd, and do not stand out like, say, a Leo, but that does not mean that they do not have the ambition. A well balanced Capricorn is indeed someone to be admired – practical, resourceful and someone with an iron will. Watching him execute his long-term plans for gaining the social position he craves, is like watching a master paint his masterpiece. Here are some of the basic facts about Capricorn man.
31. There is a touch of melancholy around the Capricorn man. After all, Saturn has to show its influence somewhere, right? He is the serious, brooding type, with gentle voice and soothing temperament.
32. These traits only mask the steely resolve that is hard-wired into all Capricorns. It is impossible to distract a Capricorn from his path. If there was any man on this Earth who could look away from the juiciest of temptations, it will be the Capricorn man, provided he has his eye firmly fixed on his goals. Boring, huh? Well, yes and no. It appears as if the Capricorn man is not interested in the lesser, or any, joys of life.
33. But that is not true. A morose and gloomy goat is not a pretty sight. He loves to get compliments, feel carefree and dream his happy dreams. It is just that his inherent passion and his desire to be merry and joyful are not revealed to all.
34. As the Capricorn man ages, like a fine wine he mature, and to his loved ones delight, relaxes quite a bit. The Saturnine influence makes him respect and even idolize his elders. Thus as he grows old, he become more comfortable in his skin and less serious. But remember, as he grows older he will also be less content, as the next generation will make him a little bewildered. Many older Capricorns can be seen clicking their tongues and shaking their heads when talking about ‘today’s generation’.
Facts About Capricorn Woman
Capricorns are not the regular woman – often too solemn, grave and grown up. She is like a flower waiting for a conducive environment that will allow her to bloom. She is not the pernicious talker but if she is in the center of a group of talkers, you must be ready for a good laugh. Let’s take a look at some basic facts about Capricorn woman.
35. The Capricorn woman has inconceivable resources, most of which are softened by the eminence of this astrological sign as an “old” one.
36. Capricorn woman does not care about looks and this may shock some, but it is her way. However the right partner will see through her and will let loose the inner femininity and let it flower within his hands. She may be old fashioned under her facade but will have the trimmings of the modern.
37. At first sight the Capricorn woman may not be captivating as she is a silent and brooding character, but consequent interventions in a humorous vein will bring out her inner beauty.
38. She will mesh the Pisces woman’s futile romanticism with the Scorpio’s purposeful attack. You must not be surprised to find yourself in the center of a love affair with her. You cannot imagine the voracious sensual lover that you have unleashed in her.
39. The presence of the Capricorn woman in your life would be like a story book about lost in time or a period film .she loves the metaphysical and will convince you that she is either too late or early in your life.
Here is a list of famous people sharing the same astrological sign: Capricorn.
Famous Capricorns Actors, Entertainers & Sports Stars
40. Marlene Dietrich is a Capricorn born on December 27th
41. Ava Gardner is a Capricorn born on December 24th
42. Denzel Washington is a Capricorn born on December 28th
43. Jon Voight is a Capricorn born on December 29th
44. Tracy Ullman is a Capricorn born on December 30th
45. Anthony Hopkins is a Capricorn born on December 31st
46. Val Kilmer is a Capricorn born on December 31st
47. Mel Gibson is a Capricorn born on January 3rd
48. Cary Grant is a Capricorn born on January 18th
49. Kevin Costner is a Capricorn born on January 18th
50. Muhammad Ali is a Capricorn born on January 17th
51. Tiger Woods is a Capricorn born on December 30th
52. Ryan Sheckler is a Capricorn born on December 30th
53. George Foreman is a Capricorn born on January 10th
54. LeBron James is a Capricorn born on December 30th
55. Michael Schumacher is a Capricorn born on January 3rd
Famous Capricorns: Musicians, Singers & Composers
56. Annie Lennox is a Capricorn born on December 25th
57. David Bowie was a Capricorn born on January 6th
58. Elvis Presley was a Capricorn born on January 8th
59. Rod Stewart is a Capricorn born on January 10th
60. Janis Joplin was a Capricorn born on January 19th
61. Joan Baez was a Capricorn born on January 9th
62. Lori McKenna is a Capricorn born on December 22nd
63. Vanessa Paradis is a Capricorn born on December 22nd
64. Ricky Martin is a Capricorn born on December 24th
65. John Legend is a Capricorn born on December 28th
66. Dolly Parton is a Capricorn born on January 19th
67. Jimmy Page is a Capricorn born on January 9th
68. Lars Ulrich is a Capricorn born on December 26th
69. Lemmy was a Capricorn born on December 24th
70. Michael Stipe is a Capricorn born on January 4th
71. Sade Adu is a Capricorn born on January 16th
72. Giacomo Puccini was a Capricorn born on December 22nd
73. Mary J. Blige is a Capricorn born on January 11th
74. Donna Summer is a Capricorn born on December 31st
75. Robert Palmer was a Capricorn born on January 19th
76. Pat Benatar is a Capricorn born on January 10th
Famous Capricorns: Scientists, Researchers & Explorers
77. Louis Pasteur was a Capricorn born on December 27th
78. Isaac Newton was a Capricorn born on January 4th
79. Stephen Hawking was a Capricorn born on January 8
80. Johannes Kepler was a Capricorn born on December 27
81. James Watt was a Capricorn born on January 19
82. Carl Ludwig Siegel was a Capricorn born on December 31
83. Edward Teller was a Capricorn born on January 15
84. Sergei Korolev was a Capricorn born on January 1
85. Charles Macintosh was a Capricorn born on December 29
86. Charles Goodyear was a Capricorn born on December 29
87. Ernst Ruska was a Capricorn born on December 25
Famous Capricorns: Artists, Writers & Designers
88. Henri Matisse was a Capricorn born on December 31
89. Gustave Dore was a Capricorn born on January 6
90. Paul Cezanne was a Capricorn born on January 19
91. Henry Miller was a Capricorn born on December 26
92. Rudyard Kipling was a Capricorn born on December 30
93. J. D. Salinger was a Capricorn born on January 1
94. J.R. Tolkien was a Capricorn born on January 3
95. Simone de Beauvoir was a Capricorn born on January 9
96. Edgar Allan Poe was a Capricorn born on January 19
97. Umberto Eco was a Capricorn born on January 5
98. Moliere was a Capricorn born on January 15
99. Stan Lee was a Capricorn born on December 28
100. Carolina Herrera is a Capricorn born on January 8
101. Kate Spade was a Capricorn born on December 24
102. Diane von Furstenburg is a Capricorn born on December 31
Famous Capricorns: Political Figures
102. Helmut Schmidt was a Capricorn born on December 23
103. Mao Zedong was a Capricorn born on December 26
104. Benjamin Franklin was a Capricorn born on January 17
105. William Gladstone was a Capricorn born on December 29
106. Joseph Stalin was a Capricorn born on January 2
107. Konrad Adenauer was a Capricorn born on January 5
108. Richard Nixon was a Capricorn born on January 9
109. F. Batista was a Capricorn born on January 16
110. Alexander Hamilton was a Capricorn born on January 11
111. Akihito is a Capricorn born on December 23
112. Millard Fillmore was a Capricorn born on January 7
What sign is a good match for a Capricons?
The best match for Capricorns are other Earth signs and Water signs. The best match are:
- Pisces (Water)
- Scorpio (Water)
- Virgo (Earth)
- Taurus (Earth)
While Earth and Water zodiac signs are the best match for Capricorns, they can go well with other zodiac signs as well as you can see below.
Capricorn And Aries Compatibility
Both highly motivated, combination of Aries and Capricorn is neither too good nor too bad. Each knows exactly how to move ahead towards goal achievement but their respective ways might vary widely. In result there could be unwarranted tensions growing up in the relationship.
Aries is much more focused on independent life style. Being creative and autonomous in nature, Aries would always be impulsive and looking for new avenues of interest. Capricorn is well defined and stable and may not like the flamboyant ways of Aries.
In fact, the strict schedules, social norms, and sticking to a set plan is never the cup of tea for Aries but means a lot for the systematic Capricorn. Usually Capricorn will excel in an environment where there are hierarchies, defined roles and proper order. Aries on the other hand will look for everything out of order.
Capricorn And Taurus Compatibility
Both Taurus and Capricorn are earth signs and believe in practical approach to life. Seeing life just as it is, both live in real world. Philosophically and spiritually the two have great compatibility with each other. But being highly focused to all the aspects of life, they may fail to enjoy the every day excitements and thrills of life.
Love match of Taurus and Capricorn is based on mutual reliability, trust as well as consistencies. No incongruity well surface on the financial front as both are calculative and not extravagant in nature.
Animal symbol for Capricorn is goat and the firmness, calmness, and ambitious nature will attract the Bull towards it. On the other hand strong determination, dependability as well as very strong family ties of Taurus will always attract Capricorn. Taurus will be all support for realization of the goals that Capricorn cherishes and on turn Capricorn will provide Taurus with the rare sense of security that Taurus always seeks for.
One minus point in the relationship is too earthy and practical nature of both zodiac signs that will make enjoyments in life a rarity. It is therefore essential that both learn the art of doing away the monotonies of life. Else there could be problems in their relationships.
Capricorn And Pisces Compatibility
Capricorn is earth sign and Pisces is water sign and they complement each other quite nicely. Their differences complement each other perfectly as they match well with each other. Capricorn is realist and lives in practical world and never indulges in wistfulness while Pisces is basically a dreamer and happy in his own world. Pisces is also very sensitive and is more compassionate than Capricorn.
Capricorn thrives on organized life and any disorder will disturb him no end while Pisces is not at all organized. While the two will appreciate the differences between each other they can also learn a lot mutually. Sensitivity of Pisces can pass on to Capricorn and in turn learn how to convert dreams into realities.
Common traits in Capricorn and Pisces are that both love and crave for security and commitment in love relationship and they will give such commitment to each other. However, the extreme vulnerability of Pisces will not be liked by the stronger Capricorn.
With a bit of compromise there are ample scopes for a long and harmonious relationship. Sexual life has good promise since there is something in the outgoing Pisces that Capricorn admires while Pisces is attracted by the subtle as well as powerful sex appeal generated by Capricorn.
Capricorn And Scorpio Compatibility
Scorpio is water and Capricorn is earth and when the two meets there could be elements of great compatibility at times. Both are scared of getting involved in frivolous relationships. Both are also very sensitive and emotional and have many common traits.
Unfortunately, at times the similarities could be the reasons for great problems arising in relationship as both are highly emotional and sensitive and can become touchy about trifle things in life and relationship.
To make the relationship stand and succeed, they have to proceed at slow pace and in a steady manner in love relationship. If they can stay together for some time they will start opening up to each other and will develop intense feelings for each other good for a long term relationship.
Problem with them is that both are highly suspicious and reserved in nature as well and this will be the greatest stumbling block on the path of their relationship. Irritations are bound to result due to such nature of both the partners and that will lead to many conflicts though there may not be many heated arguments.
At the same time, if they can overcome their initial hesitations, the relationship can really bloom into a great one for both. Capricorn always remains detached and even in the deepest relationships is hardly able to express self while Scorpio will openly express love and affection and expects the partner to reciprocate. Their devotion to each other however can be the weapon to get over such stumbling blocks.
In sexual relationship the two will enjoy the best of the world from both sides with the natural sensualities of Capricorn mingling excellently with the depth of emotion and high passions of Scorpio. Both private and public love life will be great if Scorpio avoids efforts to control Capricorn because in such cases Capricorn will come up with rare indignant furies.
Capricorn And Virgo Compatibility
Both Virgo and Capricorn are earth signs in Zodiac and have many common traits among them. Both are realistic in approach and both are very level headed persons. That is why one can put their faith on these signs and they are dependable having mature outlook.
Of course being two different signs they also have a few differences, but the way they put their thoughts into action are very similar in nature. Capricorn is meticulous in planning and very scrupulous in their execution. Though moving slowly and cautiously, Capricorn reaches the goal before anyone else. Virgo will rely more on efforts and skills and not on planning unlike Capricorn.
Capricorn and Virgo are very serious in their behavior and this may bring up lack of sufficient fun and romance in life. Monotony can easily set in their love match. Sole aim of Capricorn in life is to get on to the top and painstaking Virgo is the best person to help in this endeavor. The combination of Virgo and Capricorn is such that they can achieve almost everything in life and the compatibility is near perfect.
Best part of their relationship is the ability to communicate as well as understand each other perfectly. An unspoken bond ties the two persons together and they will be on each other’s side in both good and bad times. Sexual relationship will be spontaneous and instinctive. Combination of sex and love is quite outstanding among the two and both will fall in love at some point or other.
Virgo respects the laws in place and submits to the authority spontaneously living simple and morale lives. But the downside is the highly critical, cranky, and restless nature that is also seemingly humorless and like Capricorn, Virgo is also career oriented. Ambitions of Capricorn match that of Virgo quite perfectly and they will destroy anyone coming in their way of success.
Both are stingy about money irrespective of their earnings and at the same time are shy of the crowd and follow them instead of leading from the front. And despite a few differences; they are easily drawn to each other.
More Facts About Zodiac Signs
You can find more zodiac facts about other zodiac signs as well. Take a look at our facts about Scorpios for more astrology.